Thursday, January 25, 2007

Day 11...Long live the South




... that is totally tongue in cheek... I am a born and raised southerner...and I know for some people this is a southern pride thing... I can over look that...in my neck of the woods, that is called redneck... yep.. certainly I can overlook that... or else I wouldn't speak to half of my family and even myself at times... BUT when it is not used in the southern way... when it is thrown up by some northerner because some family that is not white moves into your neighborhood...well, frankly it is rude and it pisses me off.




The other pic is from today's outing...went to the last two banks to cash checks and about gave the poor teller a heart attack.. one of the parents had wrote 06 on the check... I took it and changed it..in front of her.. ( I guess that is a huge no no)...oops..next time I know to run around the corner :-) So I had to hunt down my favorite thing these days... graffiti! I just soooo wish I could read it! excuse the ugly word... don't click and make it big if children are around...


6 comments:

memoriesbymarla.com said...

Wow, the money is already in the bank too... you are fast!! I love the grafetti! I keep looking for a safe place to take some pictures of my boys in front of grafetti like this!! Very cool!

Anonymous said...

I agree about the Confederate flag... uses like that should be outlawed... Love the graffiti too... We don't have a lot of that here.. at least on the side of the Bay I live on.. will have to watch for some in Mobile when I head over there again.

Anna said...

The graffiti looks kewl...but yea you really don't want to read some of them sometimes. Don't have a lot of graffiti here, a few trains come through occassionaly but they aren't usually very artistic in their graffiti style. Most of our train are local dinner trains and they are spic and span!

Anonymous said...

Got ya on the Confederate Flag thing.. Some people just dont think.. KWIM!! Loving your Grafetti shots.. even better if I could see them - Im OLD remember. HA HA Sis

My Life As I See It said...

OK, that confederate flag bugs me a bit when I see it, cuz I'm not sure of the motive behind it. I come from a mixed marriage and married to a half black man, so it really makes me wonder who is flying the flag and why. Anyway, it's still a flag and hopefully that's all it is...... a flag.
The graffiti is gorgeous if it's done nicely. I only see this on the passing trains and really too chicken to drive around and find walls in case gangs are around and harm me. But the shots are great.

Huffy said...

Jaxy baby...the flag bothers me too..in this case...because there isn't a real reason behind it..not one that is right anyways.... and I am very glad to say that I am not the only person in the neighborhood that it bothers.. they took it down for the longest time.. but the house next to them is for sale now... hence they fly it again. If I had put a name to that shot it would have been ignorance.